Our goal is to connect Emerging Leaders with United Way, local non-profits, and philanthropic opportunities that create positive change in Harrison County communities. Our mission is to bring the best, brightest, and most driven individuals together to create IMPACT. This diverse group of emerging leaders will pioneer community impact initiatives that will strengthen our society and create social awareness.
As an Emerging Leader you will: EFFECT POSITIVE CHANGE by taking part in meaningful volunteer projects and events. CONNECT WITH LIKE-MINDED LEADERS focused on philanthropic development. INCREASE YOUR LEADERSHIP CAPACITY through access to professional development opportunities.
Any young professional who donates $250 or more
- Invitations to exclusive events including volunteer projects, social networking events, and United Way events.
- Leadership Opportunities such as committee and board positions, planning teams, and community outreach.
- Community Recognition on website, social media, newsprint, and United Way publications.
- Opportunities to serve on United Way committees.
Any young professional who donates $500 or more
- All benefits listed previously
- Advocacy and leadership opportunities
- Professional development opportunities, such as serving on the Emerging Leaders Steering Committee or other United Way committees
- Guest speaker opportunities at United Way events
- Oct. 18 - 7th Grade Career Day at Washington Irving - Volunteer by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4DABAE2CA0FE3-washington
- Oct. 24 5:30 p.m. - EL Social at The Social Tap - Come have a drink with the group and network! Guests are welcome!
- Oct. 25 - 7th Grade Career Day at South Harrison Middle School - Volunteer by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4DABAE2CA0FE3-south
- Nov. 7 5:30 p.m. - Steering Committee Meeting at The Social Tap
- Nov. 16 (Time TBA) - Social with a Cause at the Social Tap (Comfort Case Drive) Join us as we support children in foster and watch the WVU football game. Bring friends, family, and/or colleagues.
- Nov. 19 - 7th Grade Career Day at Bridgeport Middle School - Volunteer by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4DABAE2CA0FE3-bridgeport
- Nov. 21 - 7th Grade Career Day at Mountaineer Middle School - Volunteer by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4DABAE2CA0FE3-mountaineer
- Nov. 22 - 7th Grade Career Day at Lincoln Middle School - Volunteer by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4DABAE2CA0FE3-lincoln
- Dec. 5 5:30 p.m. - Steering Committee Meeting at The Social Tap
- Dec. 8 (Time TBA) - Emerging Leaders will be hosting a holiday lunch/dinner for the Healthy Grandfamilies Program. We will need volunteers to help with this event. Please let us know if you can help.
- Jan. 9 5:30 p.m. - Steering Committee Meeting at The Social Tap
- Jan. 30 5:30 p.m. - Emerging Leaders Social - Mountain State Brewing Co. - Come have a drink with the group and network! Guests are welcome!
- HIRED OR FIRED EVENT - March 13th we will be hosting a prep class and on March 20th we will be hosting the acutal event!
- Feb. 6 5:30 p.m. - Steering Committee Meeting at The Social Tap